1. Period of Hire. Letting commences at 4pm on the day of arrival and terminates at 10am on the day of departure. Lets are on a weekly basis (Saturday to Saturday) and the maximum period of let is 3 weeks. The house is let for holiday purposes only and only to the persons named on the booking form. Short term lets of 3 or 4 days may be possible subject to availability. 3 nights start on Friday, 4 nights start on Monday.
2. Availability. To check availability or make a provisional booking please contact the owners on 01471 822372 or by email.
3. Booking & Payment. A firm booking is accepted following confirmation of availability, receipt of a completed booking form and payment of a deposit of £150. The balance shall be payable 6 weeks before the commencement of the letting period.
For bookings made less than 6 weeks in advance, full payment is required at time of booking. Acceptable methods of payment are cheques drawn on a UK bank account, cash or Bank Transfer. Once the booking is confirmed by the Owners the Hirer is responsible for the full hire charge.
4. Cancellations. We strongly recommend that all renters, prior to entering into a rental contract, take out suitable holiday insurance. Should a cancellation be made by a client, we the owners will seek to re-let the property for the period of the hire. If we are successful in doing so, a full refund will be made less an administration charge of £50. Should cancellation occur less than 6 weeks prior to the hire and we are unable to re-let the property for the period, a 100% fee will be charged to the client. Where more than 6 weeks notice of cancellation is given the £150 deposit will be forfeited.
If the cottage cannot be made available for the period booked due to events beyond the Owners’ control and the Owners are forced to cancel the booking, the whole of the hire charge will be refunded and the Hirer will have no further claim against the Owners.
5. Services. Use of electricity and oil and a welcome pack are included in the weekly tariffs quoted. Free WiFi internet access is also included.
6. Number of Persons using the property. The number of persons occupying the property shall not exceed the maximum number of six. Subletting is strictly prohibited.
7. Complaints. Should there be any cause for complaint during or after a period of letting, please contact us immediately.
8. Breakage or Damage. Please advise us of any breakage or damage that should occur during your stay. Replacement items will be charged at cost.
9. Care of Property. The hirer is responsible for the cottage during the hire period and shall take reasonable and proper care of it, its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair at the end of the letting period as at the beginning.
10. Pets. Regretfully we are unable to accommodate pets.
11. Smoking. Regretfully smoking is not allowed within the cottage.
12. Liability. We shall have no liability for any death, personal injury, damage or loss of personal property unless this results from our own negligence.
13. Right of Entry. We reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance.
14. Injury Loss or Damage. The use of the cottage and its equipment is entirely at the Hirer’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted by the Owners for injury to the Hirer or a member of his or her party, not for injury loss or damage to their belongings, including motor vehicles.
15. Contract. The Contract of Hire is between the Hirer and Mr and Mrs Ian Macmillan, the Owners of Ardmore.